Saturday, August 11, 2007

Day dream believer

I'm a day dreamer by nature. I loved "playing" softball because it meant I could go day dream in the outfield for most of the game. On the few occasions that a ball came my way, my head was so far in the clouds I forgot what I was even there to do.

I grew up day dreaming about a variety of different things, that changed, literally, on a moments notice. For years I dreamed of backpacking through Europe, sleeping in parks and living as a hitchhiker. One day my brother, Jesse, and I picked up a hitchhiker and I was so scared that I decided I could never actually ride in a car with a total stranger in a strange country. So quickly my hitchhiking through Europe dream was over.

Oh, by far my best day dream (and actually night dream) revolve around me being in the CIA. I think it would be the coolest thing to be a spy, speaking ten different languages, being in really intense situations and relying only on your wit to get you out. Obviously, I watched way too much James Bond as a child, and frankly would be terrified to rely on my wit alone to help me in out of anything.

All through my formative years, I really had some extravagant dreams. I had new ideas popping into my head by the minute, and every time I decided that one seemed worthy of pursuit, I would declare my self to have "officially decided" on the matter.

Then I grew up. Sort of.

I still day dream, but I've realized that my day dreams are a lot less glamorous than when I was a kid. For example, when we lived with the Abdos last summer I fell in love with their front loading washing machine. Not sure why, but man, that thing was awesome. When we moved into our house I literally would day dream while I did laundry about owning a front loading washing machine (see, not so glamorous). At any rate, we just bought a new washer and dryer from J Box. He needed to get rid of the ones he couldn't put in his new place and we needed a replacement for ours. And the best part is, the washer is a front loader. ;)

Oh, imagine my excitement! And while a front loading washing machine isn't nearly as exciting as say, hiking through Yellowstone (again, another childhood day dream), it still is a dream come true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo, are you really pregnant or is this a convenient cover for your high tech, infared, spy camera with double dolby sound that records on all frequencies - even those only heard by dogs and CIA agents? And what is hidden in those swollen ankles, I ponder.... emergency evacuation devices?

Sarah..... you rock!

Sarah said...

Ah! You have caught on to my secret. This mean, you know, that the CIA will have to send some burly men to "visit" you while you are on vacation somewhere and properly dispose of your body. Tsk, tsk. ;)