Thursday, November 15, 2007

Eight days and counting

I've got eight days until my "due date". I use that term very loosely for several reasons.

1) I've been given three due dates. And today was actually one of them. The official date is the 23rd, but I'm liking today more than that one.

2) Just because you're due on a date doesn't mean the baby is coming. It's not like a wedding. I mean you can still count down, but it's not gonna happen just because Google says you have eight days left.

Anyways, I've come to the point that I'm ready to move on to the next stage. I've really enjoyed this last week of "freedom", but I'm thinking I'd rather see my little girl now. We had an appointment today and actually prayed in the waiting room that we would go into labor this weekend. Now, it's God's will and all when she arrives, but Jonathan and I would both be thrilled if this weekend lined up with His will. So yeah, maybe this is a prayer request via Blogger... prayer for a healthy, safe delivery and that it could come this weekend.

2 comments:

wbovenmyer said...

Yea... this weekend would work well for us. If you could avoid the 22nd through the 28th, that'd be great. ;)

The McCains said...

A coworker of mine told me that at a hospital she used to work at they had a woman come up to labor and delivery and was just like "I"m here". So of course they ask her "Are you in labor? Having contractions? Did your water break?"
The lady's response: "No. It's my due date, I'm here to have my baby."

:)