Thursday, December 11, 2008

I've learned a lot this holiday season, just by going to the mall

1. That every person over the age of 60 goes to the mall in the middle of the day during the winter.

2. This makes it challenging to find parking when you want to go play at ICM.

3. There is a difference in Christian raised children and world raised children.

4. Julia will consume 6+ ounces of milk in the time it takes me to walk from Target to the play gym.

5. Always have more milk handy.

6. No matter how girlie I dress Julia, some old man always says "How old is he?"

7. Santa scares a lot of kids.

8. A lot of kids scare me.

9. Our economy isn't doing too bad if there was a line out the door at Panera, all the cash registers were packed at Target, and I didn't spot one person without a shopping bag.

10. I am grateful for a wonderful morning with my wonderful daughter.

3 comments:

jamie said...

sara andy said those exact words as you did in #9- seriously!

Rob said...

I was thinking number 9 myself when I covered the Black Friday rush at 6 a.m. the day after Thanksgiving. Glad you had some quality time with Julia.

Kara Mann said...

I know, what is that? There is always some old man who thinks every baby is a boy! Even if they are decked out in pink and frills..GO FIGURE~