Thursday, October 12, 2006

You'll shoot your eye out!

By far, my favorite holiday movie is A Christmas Story. And frankly, it's probably my favorite movie of all times.

I don't know what it is about this movie that I love so much. Maybe it's Ralphie's childlike innocence. Or the anticipation of Christmas day coming. Or the fact that it has a humor that kids and adults alike enjoy. Whatever it is, I love, love, love this movie. And I thought I might share a few of my favorite lines with you, my blog readers:

"I can't put my arms down!" - Randy after getting on his winter coat.

"Oooh fuuudge!" "Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!" - Ralphie after losing the screws to the car tire.

"I want a red rider 200 shot carbine action range model air rifle with a compass and this thing which tells time built right in the stock." - Ralphie

Father: "Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian."
Mother: "Uh, I think that says FRAGILE, dear."

So what is your favorite Christmas movie?

4 comments:

The McCains said...

It's a tradition for my dad and I to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas together every year. We know almost the whole thing by heart, and since we have a copy that was taped from TV in like 1988 or something we even know the commercials by heart!

Favorite Line-
Sally:"Dear Santa Claus, How have you been? Did you have a nice summer? How is your wife? I have been extra good this year, so I have a long list of presents that I want. Please note the size and color of each item, and send as many as possible. If it seems too complicated, make it easy on yourself: just send money. How about tens and twenties?"

Charlie Brown: Tens and twenties?!?? Uggh! Even my baby sister!

Sally: "All I want is what I have coming to me. All I want is my fair share."

Sarah said...

Hahaha! That is a way funny movie too! I love Charlie Brown. The Halloween special is coming on soon. I think it's all the movies and tv specials that make me like this time of year so much.

The McCains said...

I agree- I actually watched the Charlie Brown Halloween one last week. A few years ago I got the set of the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas specials on video so I always pull them out early to get me in the holiday mood. It's funny, but I feel all sentimental watching them because it reminds me of being a kid.

emily said...

I would have to say Christmas Vacation. It's a classic!!! I put the trailer on my blog! So funny!!
"That there is an RV Clark"
I also found the trailer to A Chrismtas story.
I'm so glad that you commented and now I can keep updated with your life too!