Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Up hill in the snow BOTH ways

So it snowed. Which shouldn't be any surprise, seeing as I do live in Iowa. But it has actually been rather warm here lately, so we've all been wondering if we could make it through the whole winter snowless. Then last week it snowed buckets, and then again this weekend. And I must say, I'm loving it!

Yesterday morning Jonathan and I were on our way to the bus stop. We walk through the park, since that is the closest way, but it leads us up this huge hill. Hills in snow = really hard. Then, on our way home, we take a different route (different bus, different stop). As we were walking home, we realized we were going up hill. Ha! Up hill, in the snow, BOTH ways. And to make it even better I was in a skirt. Yes, yes, it was too good to be true. So now, I can tell my kids that I actually did have to go to work, in the snow, up hill both ways. So sock it!

And in some amazingly wonderful news..... I am.... drum roll please.... going to NEW YORK!! Hot dog! Our friend, Michel, from Holland, is coming to the States in April for work. We decided that we would meet up with him in D.C. and then travel to NYC for the majority of the week. We bought tickets today (which were an awesome deal) and will be leaving April 14th. I cannot even begin to say how much I adore New York. And the fact that I get to go back to D.C. is a sweet added bonus.

How, might you ask, are we getting from D.C. to NYC? Well, by the Chinatown to Chinatown bus of course. By now, Jonathan and I are old pros at this way of travel. Hopefully this time around we won't have such a loooong experience as last time.

P.S. Being a Windham rocks my socks. I love my husband and his travel going ways.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, I feel like we haven't talked in forever! We should hang out sometime! I like hearing your plans first hand instead of on the internet! :) Congrats on the trip out east! Will you send me a postcard?

The McCains said...

Uphill both ways, but the question is--Were you barefoot?? :) Have fun on your East Coast trip. I never got to NYC while I lived in Boston, but there's a Chinatown bus between the two and I always wanted to go. I've heard many crazy stories about the Chinatown bus!!