Thursday, September 13, 2007

I think the salsa is effecting my brain

This week has been the week from, well, you know where. Not in my personal life, but in my work life. I guess when you work in HR you sign up to work with a bunch of 50 year old who act like they are 12. So, be warned all you who are thinking of applying for my job...

Because I have barely had a lunch break in the last 3 days, I have a ton of pinned up thoughts circling in my brain, so this blog might not make any sense.

Thought 1 - Ben Harper came out with a new cd, Lifeline. Jonathan and I picked it up last week and it's really quite excellent. It's a move away, in my opinion, of the white album on Both Sides of the Gun, but not the slow, emotional verses of the black album. He's thrown in some pretty awesome cords that seem to be a throw back to canjun music. I'm not sure it's my favorite cd yet (not much can top Welcome to the Cruel World), but it's Ben, so I don't complain.

Thought 2 - Jonathan, the love of my life, is now the household handy man. For a week and a half now we've had no access to our main bathroom, because we've deciced to redo the floor. Leah suggested that I have a written contract that the bathroom is completed by October 1, which might not be a bad idea... But in all reality, I think Jonathan wants it all done more than I do. Plus, it doesn't help that I can't do anything but say "ooh" "aww" and give words of encouragement. However, I can say that if I don't see the inside of a Lowe's or Menard's for the next year I'd be quite alright with that.

Thought 3 - I love my job. I really do. But I will be so very happy when I don't have to work here anymore. If there is one thing that I have learned while working here, it is, we will forever be stuck in 7th grade. If you didn't like your middle school years, too bad, because adult world is no better. Did you feel awkward, feel outcasted, feel like no one understood you when you were 12? Well, I hate to break it to you, but it doesn't change much just because you got a college education and decided to join the "real world".

Thought 4 - Jack is nuetered.

Thought 5 - Jonathan and I started our birthing class last week. I don't think anyone has said two words (except during the first ice breaker game) since the class started. Jonathan and I cannot handle this type of silence. I think I've started laughing at just about everything that goes on in the class. Not because it's funny, but because there is so much tension that laughing is the only way I know to cope. Look, I've no doubt that pushing a 7 lb baby out of my body is going to be a very hard and difficult process, but seriously, isn't funny when our instructor sits on a stool, graps her ankles and pulls her legs up to her ears to show us how to push during labor? I mean, come on people, that is a classic!

Thought 6 - Fall is approaching. I love the fall. It is my favorite time of the year for so many reasons. First, the cool weather is amazing (more so now that I'm pregnant). Second, fall means holidays. Fall is the first reminder that Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to be coming again once more. And that to me is one of the most important things about fall. :)

Thought 7 - Third trimester. Ugh. I love being pregnant. It's been a real blessing and I am truly so very thankful to the Lord for what He's doing. But at the same time I think that I've come fully into to my third trimester. My body hurts, constantly. And the super cute pregnant clothes that my friends so graciously let me borrow aren't fully covering up my tummy any more. In several tops the bottom of my belly is hanging out. Hmmm... maybe if I was European I could get away with that look, but not so much here in Iowa. It might be time to use the last of my Kohl's gift card to get a few more tops.

Thought 8 - Sleep is nice. I don't always get it, but when I do it's heavenly. In fact, I think I might take tomorrow off just to sleep.

3 comments:

The McCains said...

On thought 4- Yay for Jack's "tutoring"!

On thought 5- If Mike and I were there we'd totally be laughing. I mean come on, we laugh at bodily functions, spread eagle on a stool is definitel funny!

On thought6- I totally agree. I couldn't have said it better myself (except for the whole enjoying fall more due to being prenant thing).

Unknown said...

i remember our birthing class was weird the first night. we crashed coursed it though through a friday/saturday and sunday. by sunday everyone had lightened up! i would have laughed as well! :)

Rob said...

Angie and I get the birthing class on Saturday, an all-day session. I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories for everyone at church...:)