Thursday, May 29, 2008

Oh the places you will go... just not online

It's true what they say about traveling. Once you start you never want to stop. My brother calls it the travel bug. You go one place, then you want to go to another, and another, and another. Well, my travel bug has been itching for, oh, I don't know, 3 years now. Not that I haven't gone places in the last 3 years, it's just that I really, really want to go back overseas. Jonathan even said the other day that he was itching for Europe. The only problem is, I can't imagine Europe being as much fun with a 6 month old. I could be wrong, but I'm just guessing. So, we might be keeping in future traveling to the states. Or maybe Canada. Canada seems cool. Despite what Amanda says.

I've come to realize something now that I am back on the internet. I don't really like the internet all that much. It's kinda a bother in some ways. Don't get me wrong, there are some way cool things that the internet provides and that part is something I can dig. But I'm finding myself more and more viewing it as a quick-check-your-email system and then moving on with life. Which, quite frankly, is pretty cool, given that before my fast I was glued to the computer. And today I realized I had checked Facebook in several days, had not gotten on my email since yesterday morning and haven't done much else on online since coming back. These are all things that before would have seemed the hardest things not to do. On the flip side of it all I've been reading a lot more. And I have to say, I like that a lot.

I will throw in this quick note: Julia has a tooth! I felt it on Monday and you can just see the top of it on the front bottom left (her left) side. Pretty sweet. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Canada is great.

Just don't drink the water.