Saturday, September 20, 2008

To ad or not to ad

Last weekend Jonathan and I saw this book at Barnes and Noble. Jonathan jokingly said I should figure out a way to earn money from my blog. Ever since then I've been turning it over in my head.

I know people can make money from blogging. I know people would love to make money from blogging. But how do you do it? Really, I've got no clue.

Well today I did a search and came across AdSense by Google. Perhaps the whole world knows about this and I am just finding out. But apparently Google pays you to have ads on your blog. Then, dependent on a number of factors, they will send you a paycheck for some odd sum. From what I have read, the sum is pretty ridiculous. Not like whoa-I've-just-made-a-ton-of-money ridiculous, but will-the-bank-laugh-when-I-deposit-a-five-cent-check ridiculous. But hey, it's money, right?

So, you'll start seeing ads at the bottom of my blog. I've taken steps to ensure that they are in no way offensive or evil. But, if for whatever reason you see one that is questionable, please, please, please let me know. I really don't want it to be like that. I'm not sure how long this will last, but I'm going to at least give it a try while I continue my (possibly unfruitful) search for a money making blog.

1 comment:

Jonathan Windham said...

One ad was for sleepless night syndrome prescribing a sleep drug. I'll keep my eye out for others like that to watch out for.