Monday, October 20, 2008

Tired, so very, very tired

We are finally working on Julia's last feeding time during the night. Which means that for the last couple of days, we've been waking up between 4:30-5:30, and dealing with lots of crying and very little sleep. Blerg. However, I am hopeful that we are near the end. That once we get through this last time we are at least on the up and up (hopefully, hopefully, hopefully!) and will be enjoying a few months of peaceful rest before the next babe arrives.

The funny part about it all, is that already Baby Dubya Dos is keeping me up. While, even as I type, my body is completely exhausted, I can't sleep. It seems that during the middle of the night, early in the morning and occasionally during the evening "morning" sickness sets in and keeps me so nauseated that I can't sleep. Total bummer. I try to nap as much as I can during the day, as I have found when I do I don't get as sick. But when that isn't possible night time sleeping seems a little more difficult.

Fletcher just made a Sprite run (ahh! I know it has HFCS, but I'm desperate!) in hopes that it will help settle my stomach. It's done a pretty good job, but I'm gonna need to find a better (and healthier) alternative for later.

Well, here's to trying to get some good sleep tonight!

5 comments:

Rob said...

I grew up with 7-Up and crackers as a good thing to have when my stomach is upset, though it may be different when pregnant (I can't speak to that personally). Also, though it may stink, occasionally sleeping sitting up, with your feet up, also may calm your stomach down a bit, even if it is a little. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I had to take lots of maalox during my pregnancy, and I couldn't drink pop because it made me nearly throw up because of the fizz.

Angie D

Unknown said...

dude, i hear ya.
1:30am- Johnny's up crying- i get up and pat his bottom till he gets quiet.
2:15am- belle yelling from her room that she has had an accident in bed- change clothes, change bedding and give her a shower because she is wet all the way up to her neck and her hair gets in it when i take off her shirt- fall back into bed
3:00am- Jason's alarm goes off for him to take his pain meds and eat something small so he doesn't get sick
3:15am- wondering if it is worth going back to sleep
:)
I just read these words of a song by Steven Curtis Chapman on another mom's blog:

One Heartbeat at a Time
You're up all night with a screaming baby
You run all day at the speed of life
And every day you feel a little bit less
Like the beautiful woman you are
So you fall in bed when you run out of hours
And wonder if anything worth doing got done
Well maybe you just don't know
Or maybe you've forgotten
That you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
Making history with every touch and every smile
Oh you, you may not see it now
But I believe that time will tell
How you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
With every "I know you can do it"
And every tear that you kiss away
So many little things that seem to go unnoticed
They're just like the drops of rain
Over time, they become a river
You're beautiful, so beautiful
How you're changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time.

Maren said...

Hi! We just discovered club soda + a splash of juice as a suitable alternative to sprite to help settle an upset stomach. I hope that helps! You're doing a great job, mama!

Sarah said...

Maren - thanks for the advice! I'll have to try it out tonight.