Thursday, November 27, 2008

Truthful Thursday (Thanksgiving Day edition) - Psalm 50

"Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God..." Psalm 50:14a

The babe is tucked away in bed, we are home from spending the day with good friends, our stomaches are full, and I am thankful.

There are many, many things in my life for which I am thankful;

1. A husband who shows me the meaning of unconditional love daily, no hourly.

2. A daughter who delights my life in a way I could never before have imagined.

3. A family who is crazy but wonderful.

4. A Heavenly Father who blesses me far more than I could ever deserve; who loves me at my worst; who is faithful to me far, far more than I will ever be to Him; who sent His one and only Son to die a sinner's death just so He could spent eternity with me. Whoa.

God is amazing. His greatness humbles me day after day. And while I am thankful that I can spend my earthly life rejoicing in Him, I am even more thankful that I can spend eternity in His presence praising Him.

God, I love you. Thank You for Your goodness and grace, I am undeserving of everything You have given me, from my salvation to my daily life, and that makes You all the more amazing to me. Your daughter, Sarah