Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I should be working...

But where's the fun in that? This week has been surprising busy. I'm the in throws of conducting interviews for a new position here. I've spent everyday running around trying to make sure that I've sent all the applicants their information, given the search committee the most updated resumes and most importantly making sure that my boss is happy. The latter, luckily, is the easiest.

To top off my uber busy week, I've been waking up at 5 am for prayer at 6. I've been meeting with Brittney and Amanda to participate in the "120" (120 hours of prayer) on campus. Did you know it's still dark at 6 am? Yeah, well it is.

But you know what, I'm really loving it all. There's something to be said for starting your morning off with an hour of prayer. It truly does a wonder for your soul. Granted, yesterday I was a little cranky. All the same, I've really seen God's grace during this time. And I've also had a renewed desire to pray more. The first day I thought "Man, this is gonna be rough", but now I'm thinking "Why haven't I been doing this all along?" It's really helped that I know Amanda and Brittney are depending on me to be there - gives me the push I need when I hear that alarm.

Plus, most importantly, I know I'm pleasing God. And frankly, that's been my goal all week. I want Him to receive the glory in all this. I want His name to be heard and for the students, staff and faculty to see Him move. That's what I've been praying for. And I know it'll happen. Because God will give us the desire of our hearts. And this is my desire.

No comments: