Monday, June 04, 2007

Well, if the doctor says it's okay....

We went back to the doctor last week to check up on Baby Dubya. All seems to be going smoothly and by the end of this month we should know if the Windhams are expecting a boy or girl.

While we were at our visit, the doctor said that I should aim to gain about 5 pounds before my next visit. I'm thinking this might not be a problem at all. So far I can't go 2 hours without eating. I feel like I am starving all the time. Last night I tried to have a large (for me) dinner as a means to not have my late night snack fest. It didn't help. On top of the heapful of portions I had at church, by the time I got home I was a ravenous beast. I suppose I am making up for not eating through out April and the first part of May. Today I packed a large lunch, but am looking at the dwindling items left and wondering if I'm going to make it another 3+ hours off of two granola bars and an apple. Not looking good....

And for those of you who might be wondering, I'm not consuming thousands of more calories, I promise. I'm eating more, but keeping in mind to eat lots of good-for-you foods rather than junk. Although, cheetos sound really good right now.

This weekend I went with Leah and Cindy to the Solon city wide garage sale. Now, I am not usually one for garage sales, but man I loved this one! Of course, I wouldn't have walked away with such good deals had Leah and Cindy not been there to help out. But I am proud to say that I made out like a bandit. Baby Dubya's dresser is getting full. Oh, and the best prize of the day was my new Boppy. Ah, yes, it's the little things in life that make us so happy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo for garage sales! :)
~L

The McCains said...

So if you're going to find out soon what kind of baby is growing in your belly, I should probably register my guess as to the gender. Mike and I are 3 for 3 so far on correctly guessing the genders of our friends babies. However, you're a little harder because I haven't had as long to let the feeling come to me. But I'll publicly declare that I think you guys will have a boy. Hopefully I can keep up my winning streak and maybe start a business based on baby gender guessing :)

Kara Mann said...

What a wonderful thing, to go to the doctor and them say "you need to gain 5 lbs" AHHH! What wonderful words! You'll be just fine! Sounds like your going about it in the right way. I have NEVER had problems gaining weight, even this situation, I am anxious to see how much I have gained at my next visit. I'm really afraid of getting a finger wagged in my direction!! We shall see. ~K

Sarah said...

Haha, Kara, I'm sure the doctor will be nice seeing as you are suppose to be getting heavier and not stressing out about cutting calories. But if not, give him/her a slap in the face. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, go for the healthy foods. I ate BBQ Chicken enchiladas and Pluckers wings through out my pregnancy and Ewan decided to stay in while the food was good :) My rule of thumb is:if you crave it, your body is telling you that you need it. And yes, I believe it is totally possible for you to need Cheeto's by the pound. I certainly needed BBQ Chicken Enchilada's by the pound (evil El Arroyo's).