Saturday, January 12, 2008

I surrender

I'm giving you my heart, and all that is within
I lay it all down for the sake of you, my King
I'm giving you me dreams, I'm laying down my rights
I'm giving up my heart for the promise of new life

And I surrender all to you, all to you
And I surrender all to you, Lord, all to you

I'm singing you this song, I'm waiting at the cross
And all the world holds dear, I count it all as loss
The sake of knowing you the glory of your name
To know that lasting joy in sharing in your pain

This song has been on repeat in my head for the last day. For the past two days Julia has been really upset. She's been gassy and overly needy. We've had to hold her while she sleeps, otherwise she wakes up completely freaked out. Yesterday she woke up at 6 am and didn't go to bed until 9 pm, having only slept for 2 hours (not consecutively, mind you) during the day. She was so sleepy, you could tell by just looking at her. But her tummy hurt so bad she couldn't rest. Finally she gave way and fell asleep with us in bed. After her normal middle of the night feeding, she fell back asleep, just to wake up in pain at 4:30 this morning. I rocked her, bounced her and walked her for two hours till Jonathan took over so I could sleep. You can hear her poor little tummy rumbling and she is in some pain for sure. I didn't want to believe it, but Julia is colicky. I'm not sure why it's been so hard for me to come to terms with it, but it has been. But after yesterday I really can't deny it.

So in the midst of her crying and not sleeping yesterday, this song came to me. I surrender. I surrender my life and my dreams to Christ. This is too hard to do alone, and I can't keep holding on to my pride, so I'm surrendering. I'm giving up, I'm letting go. Christ can have it all.

9 comments:

joe pyle said...

Jonathan and Sarah,
Having children is one of the highest callings. You two are just getting started, so don't lose heart. There are people, us included, who keep you in our prayers. It is only after we lose our pride and selfishness that we can trust Christ to take over.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Julia's colic! I'm sure that's very rough on your nerves and patience and just overall sense of encouragement. I'm definitely praying for you guys. Have you considered cutting out dairy from your diet? That's a pretty common one that can cause colicky symptoms in babies. I wouldn't personally recommend any drastic elimination diets, since frankly that's a heck of a lot of work, but the milk one is a pretty common "intolerance" for babies when it comes out in mom's milk. Let me know if you have questions. I'd love to help in any way I can.

Kara Mann said...

I am so sorry to hear of your rough times Sarah! Im praying for you!

Anonymous said...

friend, did you happen to eat something different on wed or thurs that could have set her off???? i remember that shortly after belle was born i ate josh cramer's homemade blazing wings at the christmas party and yeah... i totally forgot that i was nursing. those were a rough couple of days after that. hope you get some sleep soon! love ya! ~L

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that song Sarah, how true it is. But just think, in no time at all, she will have heard that song from your mouth or church or home or the car and she will be singing it back to you and your heart will melt once again. (Today Zeke was singing the, "Praise God, Praise God, I will praise you God," while doing his handwriting, it touched my heart to the core.)

And a random thing, one mom once told me her 3 month daughter was colicky(sp) and then someone suggested them taking her to the chiropractor and wa-la, no more colic. Crazy I know, but she and all their family are convinced that is what helped her.

(And Josh's wings are spicy but oh-so-gooooood! :)! )

Love and prayers sister!

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
No More Crawling Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Hastily Find High Quality Movies, Console Games, Music, Software and Download Them at Blazing Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat seo[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or little-understood avenues to produce an income online.

free erotic stories and pics said...

``You dont sound like the video. NoProblem he says.
interracial teen sex stories
bondage orgasm stories
femdom toilet stories
couples masturbation stories
sex taboo stories
``You dont sound like the video. NoProblem he says.

Anonymous said...

Bernard fail!?!